Friday 6 August 2010

Lunch in Panzano







Erich and I continue on our way through the Tuscan countryside..our stomaches a little bigger but we eagerly await our next meal. For all of you Anthony Bourdain lovers we stopped into a famous butcher shop featured in one of his episodes. We happen to stumble upon it as I was furiously (with Erich annoyed) trying to find the Italian post office to send my latest round of postcards out. As we entered the shop we were handed glasses of wine and the staff was so welcoming. I wish we had a kitchen at our next destination, Erich would be cooking up some famous tuscan stakes. Back to lunch..We found this cute trattoria overlooking Panzano hills. We split a bruscetta and garlic bread. The bread was thin sliced, toasted to perfection with olive oil and crunchy to taste! I had a ravioli with spinach mixed in with some sage and butter sauce. How could I not finish it? Erich has found a typical Tuscan dish with pasta and wild boar sauce. It does not sound appetizing but the flavors have hints of cinnamon that make it less "beefy". I have discovered Cappuccino and am becoming a snob with my espresso...I am sticking with my French N'Espresso for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment