Monday 23 August 2010

Tolls, Gas, and Autogrills..


I will be happy if I never see an AutoGrill again..the US's version of a rest stop but much more. There is a restaurant, food, wine, local specialties for wherever you may be. And yes, we purchased Parmesan-Reggio cheese in Reggio. I can't quite understand what the draw is to a "rest stop". Really, isn't it for a quick stop for gas, bathroom, and get the hell outta there? Apparently not so for the Italians. They seem to enjoy them.
Here are our totals for various things
Gas: 346. 09 euros
Tolls: 381 euros
fights in the car between C&E: 2 (1 of which involved Pringles)
Hours of driving time: 40
Hotels: 6
Photos taken: 800
Trip of a lifetime with Erich: priceless!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Auto Grill. Holds many great memories for me during my trip through Italy...including the Purelle story. buy the way...how many Euros for the bathroom stops?

    ReplyDelete