Thursday 5 August 2010

Pizza, Calzones, and Rain..

I guess it was bound to happen at least once on our trip but we made the best of our "rainy day". We decided to hop in the car with our umbrellas in tow and head to a town called Lucca. It is a small town 20 miles away from Pistoia. We were delighted to see how nice Lucca is. It is a old walled city and inside were shops, churches, and the best pizzeria I have ever been to. I had the Funghi pizza which had mushrooms. I could go on about how much I enjoyed this pizza. Thin crust, burnt edges, and just enough sauce and cheese. I did not want take my last bite! Erich had the most amazing calzone filled with ham, cheese, onions, sauce..etc. Of course, knowing Erich and his "food sharing" issues he would not give me a bite so I can't really tell you first hand how great it was but it looked fantastic. Driving through the Italian countryside and eating these delicious meals, I'm beginning to think the Italians have it right..good wine and fantastic food..what else matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment